Home of Gamehacking - Archiv
Trainer Problem Alan Wake American Nightmare - Druckversion

+- Home of Gamehacking - Archiv (http://archiv-homeofgamehacking.de)
+-- Forum: English-Support (http://archiv-homeofgamehacking.de/forumdisplay.php?fid=47)
+--- Forum: Trainer problems (http://archiv-homeofgamehacking.de/forumdisplay.php?fid=49)
+--- Thema: Trainer Problem Alan Wake American Nightmare (/showthread.php?tid=1029)

Seiten: 1 2

Trainer Problem Alan Wake American Nightmare - Chaosmountain - 27.05.2012

Hi
I have these 2 versions
Zitat:awanv10+8tr & awanv10+7

They both work fine on my 6 core system but when I try to use them on my quad core system some of the graphics on the trainers are missing & if I try to use one of the options I get a critical error.

[attachment=920]

[attachment=921]

The quad core is a fresh install of W7 but other than that they are basically the same setup.

Something must be missing from the quad system for the trainer not to display correctly or work.

Any idea's or help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

RE: Trainer Problem Alan Wake American Nightmare - iNvIcTUs oRCuS - 27.05.2012

The grafical problem is pretty simple to solve... The trainer doesn't autosize its windows... The trainer is displayed correctly at the standard font scaling.
In windows 7 the standard is set to a value of 100%.
When you change the font scaling back to 100% than the trainer will be displayed correctly.

You can change the font scaling here...
System proberties -> Display

Thats it...
grEEtZ sILeNt heLLsCrEAm

RE: Trainer Problem Alan Wake American Nightmare - Chaosmountain - 28.05.2012

Hey

Thanks!
That never even crossed my mind.
It displayed fine after I reset it back down to 100%

I had changed the size to 125% because I was using my quad core hooked up to my 46" LED so I increased the size on the desktop so I could see them better from a distance.

But I still get a critical error when I try to turn on any of the cheats/options.

Any Idea's on that ?

Thanks again.

RE: Trainer Problem Alan Wake American Nightmare - iNvIcTUs oRCuS - 28.05.2012

First of all... The process (better said the game) must run in the background to use any options.
The second... The trainer looks in memory for the game. It simply looks for the game exe. And thats the thing - the game exe must be the "alan_wakes_american_nightmare.exe". When you're running the game and press [CTRL]+[ALT]+[DEL] to bring the taskmanager to front click on the process tab where you can see all running processes... There must be the game process listed as "alan_wakes_american_nightmare.exe".
Keep in mind that this trainer is written for the gog.com version. I cannot guarantee that it will work with other game versions like the steam version. You could try to rename the exe. It's possible that this will solve the problem...

RE: Trainer Problem Alan Wake American Nightmare - Chaosmountain - 28.05.2012

Okay I'll check it out later.

The thing is, it's the same GOG version installed on both systems and I don't have any problem with it on my other system, and it also works fine on my sons triple core.

Which is why it must be something on my quad core that is making it not work correctly.

Thanks again and thanks for the trainer!!

I'll post back later with what I find.

RE: Trainer Problem Alan Wake American Nightmare - iNvIcTUs oRCuS - 28.05.2012

Its also possible that some Antivirus-/Firewallsolutions will stop the trainer to work correctly...

RE: Trainer Problem Alan Wake American Nightmare - Chaosmountain - 29.05.2012

Hi

Yep, all is good now.

Never even thought about running the game first I was just seeing if the trainer would run.

Thanks again!

RE: Trainer Problem Alan Wake American Nightmare - Chaosmountain - 30.05.2012

One more thing

Is there a master list (with links) somewhere that has all the trainers you or other's have done ?

On this site/message board ?

EDIT//
One more Q....
Are you going to make a trainer that will work with the new update for AWAN from GOG ?
Thanks Again!!!!

RE: Trainer Problem Alan Wake American Nightmare - iNvIcTUs oRCuS - 30.05.2012

Next time please use the edit function...

We are provide and support our own trainers only. The other thing is that we have a "Homemade Release" section. There you can find trainers made by members registered on this board. What i know is that this trainer is the only one on this board.
If you want a choice of trainers -> simply use google. There you'll find a lot of trainers for this title.

For the update...
I have an update lying around on my HDD for the gog version but i don't know if its the right update. Or better said the update you mean...
It's called "Alan Wake's American Nightmare patch 1.0.0.16". Is this the one you mean?

grEEtZ sILeNt heLLsCrEAm

RE: Trainer Problem Alan Wake American Nightmare - Acubra - 30.05.2012

Hey,
you can obtain all official HoG releases here: http://homeofgamehacking.de/forumdisplay.php?fid=24